Faculty of Arts Academic Advising 2/2008
Please be informed that students are required to meet their advisors to seek advice and guidance from
November 25, 2008 – January 23, 2009
All Arts students must meet with their advisors before they pre-register for the 1/2009 semester. Students who fail to come for their academic advising session will only be allowed to register for 1/2009 after the semester has begun and their course load will be limited as follows:
Non-probation students: only 4 subjects
Probation students: only 3 subjects
Names of academic advisors will be posted on the university website (www.aunews.au.edu), faculty website (www.arts.au.edu), at CL 11, SR Bldg. and on the Department Board at SM Bldg. Arts students are required to check their advisors? names every semester and meet with them before the pre-registration.
Students are Required to Follow the Following Steps.
- Step 1: Check your advisor?s name and office.
- Business English Major : Sec: 1-55 , 56-109 , 110- 121 (Check Advisor’s Office)
- Business French Major : Sec: 1-4 (Check Advisor’s Office)
- Business Chinese Major : Sec: 1-20 (Check Advisor’s Office)
- Step 2: Sign up your name to make an appointment at the advisor?s office.
- Step 3: Prepare your study plan for 1/2008. (Check exam time conflict, campus conflict, and prerequisite subjects)
- Step 4: Meet your advisor at the office. Don?t forget to bring your ID card, your photo (1 inch), your unofficial transcript and wear full uniform.
- Step 5: When you meet your advisors, don?t forget to fill in the curriculum form and make sure that you sign your name at the end of the advising session.
Penalty for Students Who Fail to Attend the Academic Advising Session
1. You will not be allowed to pre-register.
2. You will be able to register only during the adding period. (only 4 subjects for non-probation and Only 3 subjects for probation)
Probation Students of Department of Business English
In addition to meeting with their advisors, probation students must attend a Writing Workshop at Huamak Campus on January 17, 2009 from 9:00 am. – 12:00 pm.
Probation students who fail to attend the workshop and sign-up will not be permitted to pre-register for the next semester.
More details: Check Instructors’ names and rooms | Sec.
Students whose names are not on the list must see Dr.Chayada T. at SM 354 or A.Rutjanee (SR341) from November 25, 2008 – January 23, 2009.